Vegan Superfood Chocolate Bark for a healthy dessert or snack.
This superfood bark is bursting with nutrients and super foods, it’s the perfect sweet treat to help curb cravings.
It is super easy and simple to make with just a few ingredients – virgin coconut oil, cocoa or cacao powder, and pure maple syrup, plus all your favourite toppings. Making it much more healthy then typical chocolate!
Coconut oil is used instead of cocoa butter and it is only sweetened with maple syrup.
You can also use any toppings you like,my favourites are dried fruit, nuts, seeds, goji berries and coconut flakes. As it melts much faster than regular chocolate, be sure to keep it chilled until ready to enjoy, I keep mine in the freezer.
You will just LOVE this gorgeous vegan superfood chocolate bark, it’s rich, crunchy, salty and sweet!
Recipe- Vegan Superfood Chocolate Bark for a healthy dessert or snack
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tsp green superfood powder (I used Hum Nutrition Super Food Powder one)
- 1 handful of urban fruit cherries (any dried fruit will work)
- 1 handful of pistachios
- 1 handful of goji berries
- Sprinkle of seeds of your choice (I used pumpkin and sunflower)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 25g coconut yoghurt
- Any other superfoods you have to sprinkle! (bee pollen, cacao nibs, almonds etc)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa (or cacao) powder, maple syrup, and almond butter until smooth. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste.
- With a spatula, spoon the chocolate mixture onto the prepared parchment-lined sheet and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle on the your desired toppings
- Add coconut yoghurt to a bowl and mix with the super food powder until combined, place the mixture on top of the chocolate and use a knife to make a swirl pattern
- Place into freezer on a flat surface for about 30 minutes, until frozen solid.
- Once frozen, break apart into bark. Store in the freezer until ready to eat. I don’t recommend keeping it out on the counter long because it melts fast.
You may also enjoy
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Superfood Chocolate Bark Recipe
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X