Warming and Comforting Spiced Winter Porridge. Vegan + Gluten Free
When the weather is cold outside there is nothing better than to start the day with a comforting and cosy bowl of porridge. I used ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in this one to make it extra warming and flavourful. All the winter spices to give this a festive feel. I put my Christmas Tree up yesterday and decorated the apartment so now I am super excited for the Christmas holidays!
I just love starting the day with this and have been making it every morning this week! I like to top mine with Blackberries, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and coconut flakes. You can add all your favourites though. I think almond butter, banana and walnuts would be really nice too.
Porridge is amazing to have in the morning as it provides lots of feel good energy, that will keep you full and satisfied thanks to the complex carbs and fibre it contains. This recipe is gluten free, suitable for vegans and contains no refined sugar.
I hope you love this spiced winter porridge as much as I do.
Recipe – Warming and Comforting Spiced Winter Porridge
- 40g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 250ml almond milk/any milk of choice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or a bit more to taste
- Place oats, spices and almond milk a sauce pan on a medium heat
- Once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and stir often until you have reached desired thickn ess and creaminess
- Pour the porridge into a bowl to cool for a couple of minutes whilst you prepare your toppings.
- After cooking top with a pumpkin seeds, blackberries, a sprinkling of chia seeds and coconut flakes.
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this spiced winter porridge recipe. What’s your favourite way to eat porridge?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley x