Healthy 3 Ingredient Vegan Waffles for a delicious brunch recipe
To make these 3 ingredient banana oat waffles you will need:
- oats- rolled oats or quick oats will both work (use certified gluten-free oats to make gluten-free waffles) can sub for buckwheat flour, or spelt flour. May need to add a splash of almond milk if the batter is too dry. Alternatively, use white flour or all purpose flour. Whole wheat flours will work too.
- eggs – flax, chia or normal eggs will all work
How to make Banana Waffles with 3 Ingredients
Full recipe details in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- First add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Warm up your waffle machine and pour in your waffle batter
- Cook until the waffles are golden brown and cooked through
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy
Really is the one of the easiest waffle recipes. Store leftover waffles in an airtight container
3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Waffles Topping Ideas
Serve your vegan oatmeal waffles with your favorite toppings:
- Chocolate Spread
- Fresh fruit
- Chopped nuts
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Berries
- peanut butter
- Whipped Cream
- Pure Maple Syrup
Banana Waffles 3 Ingredients Recipe Substitutions
These healthy banana waffles contain no egg, you can sub the chia eggs for flax eggs or normal eggs if you don’t need this recipe to be vegan.
The oat flour can be subbed for coconut flour, almond flour or all purpose flour however this will change the taste and texture of the waffles. Depending on what flour you use you may need to add more or less liquid to the batter.
If you want to make waffles without banana, you can try using the same amount of mashed sweet potato or apple sauce. I have tested with both and loved the results.
How to store banana Waffles 3 Ingredients Recipe
You can store the leftover healthy banana waffles in an airtight in the fridge container for up to 4 days. Simply warm up for a minute in a toaster before serving.
Healthy banana waffles can also be frozen for up to 1 month in zip-lock bags. Make sure to thaw the waffles the day before you want to eat them and rewarm them in a hot waffle iron for 1 minute or in a bread toaster.
Is banana Waffles 3 Ingredients Recipe healthy?
Yes banana waffles are healthy make make a great healthy breakfast option. These healthy banana waffles are packed with protein, fibre and complex carbs to keep you full and satisfied.
Try this easy recipe and enjoy your crispy waffles.
You can also use this batter to make pancakes. Just add some melted coconut oil or cooking spray to a pan and add 2 tbsp per pancake, cook on each side before flipping.
3 Ingredient Vegan Waffles
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten free is needed)
- 2 medium bananas chopped
- 2 chia eggs (normal eggs work too)
Your favourite toppings, This is where you can have fun and throw whatever you fancy on top; it would taste great sweet or savoury!
My favourites are -
- Fresh fruit
- maple syrup
- peanut/almond butter
- coconut yoghurt
- nuts and seeds
- Place all the batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a waffle maker and pour in a few tablespoons of batter.
- Cook until the waffles are golden brown and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the waffles and serve with toppings of your choice.
More healthy breakfast recipes:
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Ingredient Vegan Waffles Recipe. What is your favourite brunch recipe?
What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley X