Baked Oat Cups three different ways for healthy on the go snacking or a meal prep breakfast. Kid friendly, vegan and gluten free.
Anything that you can make before hand and just grab when you need a pick me up, are always a win in my book. These are perfect any time of the day and are healthy enough for breakfast.
I especially love these as they are so customisable, the topping options are endless!
They are filled with healthy carbs, protein, and fats, to keep you full and satisfied.
Baked Oat Cups Toppings
You can really go crazy with these healthy baked oatmeal cups toppings and try different flavors. This time I made:
- Chocolate chips
- Blueberries with coconut
- Baked apple oatmeal cups with cinnamon
- Raisins + Chopped Walnuts
I also think the following healthy oatmeal cups toppings would be incredible:
- Peanut butter banana baked oatmeal cups
- Blueberry oatmeal cups
- Carrot cake baked oatmeal cups
- Pumpkin oatmeal cups
- Banana and Pumpkin Seed
- Lemon zest + Poppy Seeds
- Pitted Cherries + Dark Chocolate Chunks
- You can also add a bit of cocoa and make chocolate baked oat cups
Any fresh fruit would work in these oatmeal muffins.
How to Serve Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
Serve healthy baked oatmeal cups on their own or serve your oat cups with yoghurt. You can have them as they are or warm them up.
Baked Oat Cups Ingredients
To make oatmeal cups to go you will need:
- Chia seeds
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Almond Milk
- Baking powder
- Jumbo oats
- Your favourite toppings
How to make Oatmeal to go Cups
Follow these simple steps to make this oatmeal cup recipe. You can find the full recipe details in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Preheat the oven to 350/175c degrees.
Prepare a muffin pan with muffin cups.
First, place your chia eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
Then add the mashed banana and almond milk. Whisk until well combined.
Finally stir in the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon and baking powder) into the wet ingredients
Transfer this mixture to the muffin cups, around 1/4 cup of the mixture to each cup
Add your your chosen toppings
How to Store banana baked oatmeal cups
You can store your baked oat cups in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze your banana oatmeal cups for up to three months.
When ready to enjoy simple microwave until warmed through.
Are oatmeal cups good?
How many calories are in oatmeal cups?
Are oatmeal cups good for weight loss?
Baked Oat Cups Substitutions
Chia Eggs. You can sub this for flax eggs or normal eggs
Coconut oil. This can be subbed for melted butter.
Coconut sugar. This can be subbed for any granulate sugar, brown sugar would work well. You could also use pure maple syrup but would need to add more oats to the mixture.
Banana. The mashed banana could be subbed for apple sauce, mashed sweet potato or greek yoghurt.
GRAB-AND-GO BAKED OATMEAL CUPS
- 2 chia eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cups almond milk alternatively any other milk
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups gluten free jumbo oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- your favourite toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350/175c degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin lines.
- First, place your chia eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Then add the mashed banana, almond milk, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
- Finally stir in the oats and baking powder.
- 3.Transfer this mixture to the muffin cups, around 1/4 cup of the mixture to each cup
- Add your favourite toppings, pressing down into the oat mixture with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely before enjoy
- Store in an airtight container
My other healthy baked oats recipes:
My favourite was the Apple Cinnamon, so GOOD. I really hope you enjoy this Grab and Go Baked Oat Cups recipe. If you guys give them a try, make sure to tag Nourish Your Glow on Instagram or Twitter so I can see all your amazing creations (and toppings!)
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley X