Super-moist and incredibly indulgent healthy raspberry banana bread. Sweet, satisfying and deliciously healthy!
I love banana bread, it’s so easy to make, it’s delicious, it’s healthy and it’s nourishing for the body.
It can be enjoyed at any time of the day too, whether for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. You can eat it on it’s own, toast it or add any of your favourite toppings depending on what your craving.
The best part is that you can really experiment with lots of different flavour combinations.
This is an easy recipe for tender banana bread full of juicy raspberries. It’s incredibly dense and bursting with flavor in every slice.
I served mine with homemade chocolate sauce and coconut, so dreamy!
Most of the ingredients are things that people usually have in their kitchens, making it easy to whip up.
This banana bread recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and contains no refined sugar.
If you are looking for something a bit different to, classic banana bread then try this one filled with juicy tart raspberries and it will soon become your favorite banana bread recipe.
Raspberry Banana Bread Ingredients
You need the following simple ingredients to make the best banana bread with raspberries.
- Melted Coconut oil – must be melted, can sub for melted butter
- Maple syrup – can also use honey or agave syrup. Can use brown sugar or
coconut sugar but will need to add some milk of choice as it will be too dry
- Chia eggs – flax eggs normal eggs will also work
- Overripe bananas – brown and spotty are best
- Almond milk – any milk will work
- Raspberries – I use fresh raspberries, frozen will also work
- Buckwheat flour – Can sub for all purpose flour or oat flour
Optional Add Ins
- Chocolate – add some dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to make a white chocolate banana bread or a dark chocolate chip banana bread
- Cocoa – add some cocoa powder and some chunks of dark chocolate to make a dark chocolate banana bread
- Vanilla Extract – add 1 tsp for extract flavor
- Muffin recipes – You can use this batter to make some raspberry banana muffins
This delicious loaf tastes amazing on it’s own, you can also try topping with:
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Chocolate sauce
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and lemon juice
How to Make Raspberry Bread Recipe
Follow these steps to make the most perfectly moist banana bread.
Pre heat over to 325 F/ 165 c
- Prepare a loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray
Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well
Add all the wet ingredients including the mashed bananas, except for the raspberries into a separate large bowl and mix until combined
Combine the flour mixture and the banana mixture together (can use an electric mixer for this) and fold in the raspberries
Pour batter to your greased loaf pan
Bake in your preheated oven for around 50 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack
- If you manage not to eat the whole loaf in one go, store leftover in an airtight container at room temperature
- You can freeze this raspberry banana bread by wrapping it in plastic wrap once completely cooled. Then, wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil. This will ensure it’s airtight and will keep the loaf from drying out and avoid freezer burn. It will last up to three months.
- Alternatively slice and place individual slices in a freezer bag
Want to try Raspberry Tea? Read this – Raspberry Leaf Tea Benefits
Healthy Raspberry Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs/ eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water (I used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cups buckwheat flour
- Pre heat over to 325 F/ 165 c
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Add all the wet ingredients except for the raspberries into a separate bowl and mix until combined
- Mix these two mixtures together and fold in the raspberries
- Transfer batter to a loaf tin
- Bake for around 50 minutes until golden brown
More delicious quick bread recipes
So give this twist on the classic bread a try. A great way to use up your bananas.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe for healthy raspberry banana bread recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated. Subscribe to receive our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love Hayley X
This post may contain affiliate links