Tomato Lentil Dhal for a warming and filling dinner. Packed with protein, this is vegan and gluten free.
Spicy, warming and comforting, this tomato lentil dhal makes a delicious high protein dinner.
Recipe- Tomato Lentil Dhal
- 1 cup red lentils (soaked previously)
- 1 small courgette
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- pinch red chilies flakes
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- pinch sea salt
- Cut all the tomatoes (keep the cherry tomatoes on a side until later in the recipe) zucchini, onion and chop half of the herbs.
- In a saucepan add the coconut oil, the chopped vegetables, chopped herbs the spices and the salt. Stir with a wooden spoon and let it cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Now add the lentils (previously soaked and rinsed), the water and the coconut milk. Let it cook in medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring from time to time (If you need some extra water, add during the cooking process).
- Add the cherry tomatoes the last 8-5 minutes of the cooking. Once ready, let it sit for a bit while you are making the cashew cream.
- To make the cashew cream, mix all the ingredients in your blender until you get a creamy consistence (add some spoons of water if needed).
- Garnish the tomato dahl bowls with some fresh herbs, almonds, cashew cream and some slices of lime.
My other healthy dinner recipes:
I hope you this Tomato Lentil Dhal recipe.
What are your favourite healthy dinner recipes? Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x