Moroccan Chickpea stew. Vegan and Gluten Free. If you are looking for a budget friendly, healthy and protein packed meal, then you need to try this Spicy Moroccan Chickpea Stew. It makes the perfect gluten free and vegan dinner. It is made using simple cupboard staples, so you may not even need to go shopping to make it. A hearty and comforting meal with lots of flavour.
Whenever I think of chickpeas, I usually think of hummus! But there are so much more that you can do with chickpeas and they are incredibly versatile.
In this vegan dinner recipe they are used as a base for a rich and hearty stew. I just love how quick and easy this is to make whilst being delicious and healthy!
WHAT TO SERVE MOROCCAN CHICKPEA STEW WITH
I love to serve this chickpeas stew over rice or couscous. It also works well with flatbread and yoghurt or potato wedges.
Moroccan Chickpea Stew
- 400 g chickpeas drained
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml boiling water
- vegetable stock cube
- 50 g red lentils rinsed
- Heat some oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the spices and the salt and pepper and stir well and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, water and veggie stock cube and stir well.
- Add the lentils, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the chickpeas and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add a little more water if needed.
- Add the chopped coriander (cilantro), stir and simmer for 5 more minutes.
My other healthy vegan dinner recipes:
I hope you thisMoroccan Chickpea Stew Recipe. Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x