These vegan Mini Egg Cookies are the perfect easy snack or dessert for Easter! These vegan cookies are beautiful, colourful, and perfect for Spring! There is rich and creamy chocolate goodness in every bite.
These Easter vegan Mini Egg Cookies take chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level! Mini Eggs and cookies are a match made in heaven!
This Easter I wanted to make a simple dessert, mini egg cookies. I decided to make my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe and add vegan mini eggs. The combination of my two favourites is so good.
You mix the vegan Mini Eggs into the dough as you are forming the cookie dough balls and have little chocolate hidden surprises in each cookie.
You can also press the chopped mini eggs on top of the cookies so they look even prettier.
These vegan cookies are super simple to make. Mix everything together, place on a baking rack and place in the oven for just 12 minutes.
Mini Egg Cookies Ingredients
These Easter Cookies only need the below seven ingredients.
- Dairy free butter – normal butter will work, can also sub for coconut oil
- Coconut sugar – any granulated such as white sugar or brown sugar will work
- Flax egg – normal egg or chia egg will also work
- Vanilla extract
- Buckwheat Flour – can use all purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Vegan Mini Eggs – Cadbury Mini eggs will work, can also use chocolate chips, chocolate eggs or any other Easter candy
How to Make Vegan Mini Egg Cookies
You can make these perfectly chewy cookies by following the steps below.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add the wet ingredients – the vanilla and egg until incorporated about 15 seconds. Don’t over mix.
In a separate bowl whisk together remaining flour and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
Add in chopped mini eggs
I like to use a cookie scoop (ice cream scoop works well too) or roll dough into balls and place cookie balls on a greased or lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don’t over bake these.
Cool on a baking rack and enjoy
More Easter Desserts Recipes
How to store Easter treats
How do you cut a Mini Egg in half
Vegan Mini Egg Cookies
- 1/2 Cup dairy free butter
- 3/4 Cup of coconut sugar (any sugar will work)
- 1 flax egg (normal egg will work)
- 1 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup of buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Chopped Vegan Mini Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in vanilla and egg until incorporated about 15 seconds. Don't over mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in mini eggs
- I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don't over bake these.
- Cool on a baking rack and enjoy for an Easter dessert.
More vegan cookie recipes
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Mini Egg Cookies as much as I do.
If you liked this recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x