Chocolate and strawberries just go so well together. A match made in heaven! Today I combined chocolate and strawberry to make this delicious and healthy galette.
I love making galettes as they taste so delicious but are also really easy and quick to make. This is the perfect summer dessert!
Strawberries not only taste amazing, they are also bursting with antioxidants, which help protect our body against free radical damage. One cup of strawberries also contains more than 150% of your daily recommended vitamin C intake, so strawberries are wonderful for our health.
There are three types of galette Galette Breton, Galette de Rois, and Fruit Galette. Typically chocolate galettes come in the form of chocolate galette des rois, but this recipe creates a really easy fruit galette with a chocolate pie crust.
This recipe is really simple and you not even need egg yolk for a egg wash. It really is the easiest dessert.
Strawberry Chocolate Galette Ingredients
- buckwheat flour
- coconut sugar – brown sugar or white sugar will also work
- coconut oil – butter will also work
- cold water
- cocoa powder
- strawberries – any fruit will work, try pitted cherries to make a delicious cherry galette
- almond flour
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate on top of your cooked galette or a handful of chocolate chips for extra indulgence
- Add some finely ground almonds or ground hazelnuts to the pastry dough or a different nut to add some nutty flavor to the pastry.
- Skip the cocoa, and add some pecans to the dough and a some chopped pecans and cinnamon to the fruit for a pecan pie inspired strawberry galette
How to make Strawberry Chocolate Galette
Mix together your dry pastry ingredients and chill in the fridge, for best results do not skip this step. Cut the chilled solid coconut oil into the flour until there are no large chunks.
Slowly add water until a dough forms. Add the dough to a lightly floured surface or straight onto baking paper that has been lightly floured.
Roll the dough into a disk. Mix together the strawberries, sugar and flour in a small bowl. Add the strawberry mixture in the centre of the crust leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the edges of the pastry over the edge of the fruit and bake!
Strawberry Chocolate Galette.
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
For the filling
- 2 full cups strawberries halved
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, coconut sugar and salt and put in the fridge along with a fork or pastry cutter for 30 minutes,
- Mix together the strawberries, sugar and flour
- Once the flour is chilled, add one tablespoon of coconut oil and cut it into the flour with the fork or pastry cutter until there are no large chunks. Continue adding the remaining coconut oil this way one tablespoon at a time.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of water over the dough. Gently mix to combine before adding a second tablespoon. Continue mixing and adding liquid until the dough starts to stick together and you can press it into a ball. You might not need all the liquid, or you might need a little more
- Tear off a piece of baking paper and lightly flour it.
- Place your dough ball on the paper. Press the dough into a disk, then take your rolling pin and roll it into a circle
- Pour the strawberry mixture in the centre of the crust leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the edges of the dough over the edge of the fruit
- Transfer your prepared baking sheet to your oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate and Strawberry Galette recipe. Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x