Healthy Buckwheat Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce for a health Brunch
These vanilla buckwheat pancakes are fluffy, soft, and so comforting! Whip up a batch of these healthy pancakes for breakfast or brunch!
These pancakes will take your brunch up to a new level. They are soft, fluffy and so delicious!
If your not already, then follow me on Instagram for daily eats, wellness, lifestyle and my travels.
Recipe- Healthy Buckwheat Pancakes
- 2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- extra oil for the pan
For the pancakes
- Mix the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, avocado oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
- Pour a large scoop of the batter into the pan and cook until brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the second side)
For the Blueberry Sauce
- Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and water in a small-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; lower heat and gently simmer.
- Combine the cornstarch with the extra water until dissolved and stir it into the blueberries. Continue to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken and coats the back of a metal spoon..
My other healthy pancake recipes:
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Buckwheat Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce recipe
Thank you so much for reading.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley X