I just love carrot cake, it’s one of my all time favourite desserts! I made these carrot cake cookies, wholesome and nourishing with beautifying feel good ingredients. They are so satisfying and really filling too.
They are perfect for sharing when you have your friends around or if your want to make something on a special occasion that everyone can enjoy. We use buckwheat flour to make these gluten free.
I think this is a perfect Spring and Easter recipe too. They would even make a make a nice gift.
I show you exactly how I make this in my latest YouTube video, you can watch below. Subscribe to see all my new videos.
Recipe- Vegan Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 cup oats (gf if necessary)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup peeled, grated carrots
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins, preferably golden
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375f /190c
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk to blend. Add the carrots, pecans, and raisins and stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, almond milk and coconut oil. Mix together
- Transfer the dough to the baking tray using around 1 tbsp for each cookie, leaving several inches of space around each one. Us the palm of your hand to gently flatten each cookie to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake until the cookies are golden and firm around the edges, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Let the cookies completely cool before enjoying
You may also like my other healthy vegan cookie recipes:
I hope you love these healthy vegan cookies!
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x