Cinnamon and Raisins Cookies. Only seven ingredients are needed whip up these cinnamon and raisin cookies. Vegan and gluten free.
These delicious cookies combine dairy free butter with sweet plump raisins, coconut sugar and a warm hint of cinnamon to make irresistible crunchy goodies.
It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up from ingredients found in most kitchen cupboards in no time. Whether for a or a snack or healthier dessert, these cinnamon and raisin cookies will go down a treat every time.
Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, only eight simple ingredients are needed. They are vegan and gluten free.
Yes, all Flora products are certified gluten free.
Cinnamon Raisin Cookies Ingredients
You just need the following simple ingredients to make these cinnamon raisin biscuits with the best chewy texture.
- Vegan butter – I used flora buttery, normal butter or coconut oil will also work (coconut must not be melted)
- Coconut sugar – white sugar or brown sugar will also work. Maple syrup won’t work in this recipe
- Chia egg – flax egg or chicken egg will also work
- Buckwheat flour – any gluten four blend or all purpose flour will work
- Baking soda
How to make Cinnamon raisin cookies
- Pre heat your oven to 170°C
- Add the flora buttery to a large bowl with the coconut sugar and beat together using a wooden spoon or electric mixer on a medium speed.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients and wet ingredients and beat together until well mixed.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper, cookie scoop can be helpful for this
- Bake on the middle shelf for 8–10 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack before enjoying.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature
- Can also be frozen – place cookies in a freezer bag and freeze up to three months
Cinnamon raisin cookies Variation
- Chocolate chips – swap out the raisins for chocolate chips for chocolate homemade cookie
- Vanilla extract – add 1 tsp of vanilla extract for extra flavor
- Quick oats – swap out some of the flour for instant oats to make best oatmeal raisin cookies
Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies.
- 75 g vegan butter (I used Flora Buttery)
- 150 g coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 1 chia egg (normal egg, flax egg will also work)
- 100 g raisins (chopped)
- 175 g buckwheat four
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre heat oven to 170°C
- Add the flora buttery to a bowl with the coconut sugar and beat together.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and beat together until well mixed.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture on a prepared baking sheet
- Bake on the middle shelf for 8–10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature
More of my favorite cookies Recipes:
Try these easy recipes-
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope you enjoy this Cinnamon and Raisin Cookie recipe as much as I do. What is your favourite healthy snack?
If you liked this recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | YouTube
Sunday 31st of May 2020
These look delicious!