Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies recipes. These vegan cookies are the best of both worlds, peanut butter + chocolate with chunks of dark chocolate. These are a must make !!
These vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with no butter, contain coconut oil instead.
My two favourite things are combined in these cookies, peanut butter + chocolate!! Only eight ingredients are needed to make these healthy cookies. There is no freeze time and they bake in just 12 minutes.
Made with minimal, simple ingredients. Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Healthy. They are chewy on the outside, soft on the inside buttery chocolate chip cookies.
They have a perfect texture. Chewy in the middle and crisp around the edges and of course with a wonderful peanut butter flavour and lots and lots of chocolate.
Crispy edges and full of peanut butter flavor and vegan chocolate chips. These chewy cookies are the perfect cookie.
Other Healthy Vegan Cookie Recipes
Check out these healthy cookies recipes:
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
You will love these Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes because:
These vegan peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips will soon become your favorite cookie!
- They are refined sugar free
- Quick and easy to make
- Minimal simple ingredients
- Vegan and gluten free
- High protein
What you need to make Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Creamy Peanut butter – can also use a different nut butter such as almond butter. Can also use chunky peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Almond milk – any non-dairy milk such as soy milk will work or cows milk will work too
- Chia eggs (flax eggs, egg substitute and normal eggs work too)
- Coconut sugar – liquid sweetener wont work in this recipe
- Coconut flour
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt for a sweet and salty snack
- Add some vanilla extract for extra flavor
- Swap the chocolate chips for your favorite chopped candy
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(For ingredients and full instructions see the recipe card below)
- Preheat your oven and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Then add the dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chunks) and mix until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Take a bit of each dough and place cookie dough balls on a prepared cookie sheet. An ice cream scoop can help with this. To help the cookies to spread, push them down with the back of your spatula, or fork, right before baking
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool completely on a cooling rack before enjoying. They will be soft at first but will firm up as they cool
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Recipe Substitutions:
See below for vegan peanut butter cookie recipes substitutions
Almond milk – can be subbed for any plant based milk or cows milk
Flax egg – chia eggs or normal eggs will work
Coconut sugar – Brown sugar or white sugar would work great for these healthy cookies. Any granulated sugar will work though
Coconut oil – Can be subbed for a plant based butter or regular butter. The texture will be different to these though
Peanut Butter – I use a natural peanut butter but any peanut butter will work. You can also sub for a different nut butter such as almond nutter or cashew butter.
You can also use crunchy peanut butter although the texture will be different.
Coconut flour – Coconut flour is very absorbent so depending on what flour you use, you will need to use less liquid to get good results.
Chocolate chips – Can be subbed for white chocolate, blueberries, nuts or raisins
How to Store Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These healthy cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days.
They can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also freeze the dough to quickly back when a craving strikes!
Do I Need To Chill The Cookie Dough?
No! Unlike most vegan peanut butter recipes that require chilling the dough before baking ( this keeps the dough from spreading too much) this recipe doesn’t need the dough to be chilled, making for one less step and cookies that are much quicker.
However if the temperature is warm in your kitchen, you may want to rolling the dough into cookie balls and letting them chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (normal eggs will work)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbs coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cup dark chocolate chips (I used dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- Then add dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chunks) in till combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Take a bit of each dough and form a cookie on a baking tray prepared with parchment paper. To help the cookies to spread, push them down with the back of your spatula, or fork, right before baking
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying
I hope you enjoy this Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. Be sure to tag me on Instagram @nourishyourglow if you try this, I love to see your creations.
If you liked this recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | YouTube