Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
This creamy mushroom and herb pasta makes a quick and delicious dinner or lunch. Packed full of flavour and so rich and creamy. It’s an easy way to get in a serving of greens.
It only takes 30 minutes from start to finish so is perfect for busy days. I use brown rice pasta to make this recipe gluten free but you can use your favourite pasta.
Hearty, filling and satisfying this is total comfort food and will satisfy your creamy pasta cravings.
With a creamy sauce made from simple ingredients, a recipe the whole family will enjoy.
More vegan recipes below:
Try one of these creamy pasta dishes.
Ingredients For Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
You need the following to make pasta with creamy mushroom sauce. Full recipe in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- pasta (any pasta shape will work, I use brown rice pasta any type of pasta will work, whole wheat pasta will work well)
- mushrooms – ( any type of mushroom will work from, chestnut mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, white mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, brown mushrooms, white button mushrooms)
- cloves garlic
- fresh basil leaves – ( any fresh herbs will work, fresh thyme will work well)
- natural yogurt (I use coconut yogurt)
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
Optional – nutritional yeast flakes and vegan parmesan for topping.
How to Make Creamy Pasta Recipe
- Start cooking your pasta until al dente according to the instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, add onion and garlic to a pan on medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Fry until golden brown then add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain your pasta and add to the cooked pasta to pan with the mushrooms. Add the yoghurt, basil, thyme, lemon juice salt and pepper and stir everything together
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 1 cup pasta I use brown rice pasta
- 2 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of natural yogurt I use coconut yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start cooking your pasta according to the instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, add onion and garlic to a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Fry until golden brown then add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain your pasta and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Add the yoghurt, basil, thyme, lemon juice salt and pepper and stir everything together
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you this Creamy Mushroom and Herb Pasta
What are your favourite healthy pasta recipes? Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x