FOUR INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE VEGAN PANCAKES THAT ARE VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE. PERFECT FOR A HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH.
Only four ingredients (all of which you probably already have in your kitchen) are needed to make these healthy pancakes. They take just 10 minutes to make!
This any day of the week recipe shows that a healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated.
I was actually very surprised by how fluffy these pancakes turned out to be, considering I did not use any baking soda or baking powder.
The perfect way to start Saturday morning a breakfast the whole family will enjoy! A stack of pancakes with the best flavor with everyones favourite toppings.
These yummy pancakes will soon become your favorite breakfast recipe.
You can add all your favourite toppings, maple syrup, caramel sauce, white chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chocolate syrup, yoghurt, nut butter, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds. The options are endless.
You will love these healthy chocolate pancakes because:
- everyone will love them
- you can easily customise the toppings
- only four simple ingredients
- quick and easy
What do you need to make four ingredient chocolate vegan pancakes
This simple recipe is made from basics you probably already have at home.
- bananas – the riper the better. Can sub for unsweetened applesauce
- almond milk – any dairy free or cows milk will work
- oats – can sub for all purpose flour
How to make fluffy chocolate pancakes
Follow these simple steps to make this fluffy pancakes easy recipe. Full details in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- First we make the oat flour by blending up some oats in a blender
- Then we mix the dry ingredients – the oats and cocoa powder together in a large bowl
- Next we mash the banana. Add this and the milk to the oat mixture.
- You can also blend everything together in your blender. For the easiest and quickest pancakes batter ever!
- Stir to form a pancake batter
- We transfer our batter to a pan and cook on a medium heat on each side until ready, when you see air bubbles, it’s time to flip. I like to cook in melted butter
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
- Store any leftover in an airtight container
Cocoa Powder Pancakes Toppings
- Fresh fruit – I love banana and strawberries. Fresh berries will work well too
- Chocolate sauce – add a drizzle of melted chocolate on top of the pancakes for your chocolate lover
- Nuts and seeds
- Peanut butter – add some of your favourite nut butter almond butter works well too
- Dark chocolate – add some chocolate chips to make chocolate chip pancakes
There are satisfying and energising and set you up for the day. This recipe serves one, you can increase the quantities to serve more.
FOUR INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE PANCAKES – Vegan and Gluten free
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp cacao / cocoa
- 1 cup oats Gluten Free if necessary
- 3/4 cup plant milk of your choice I used almond
- Place the oats in a blender and blend until a flour forms
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 3 tbsp at a time transfer the batter to a lightly greased pan
- Cook for around two minutes until bubbles form, before flipping and cooking the other side
- Serve with your favourite toppings. I love fresh fruit, maple syrup, nuts and seeds
My other healthy pancake recipes:
Flourless Blueberry Oat Vegan Pancakes
Banana Vegan Pancakes with Raspberry Compote
I hope you enjoy this easy four ingredient chocolate vegan pancake recipe!
What are your favourite breakfast recipes? Let me know in the comments.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | YouTube