Healthy Blueberry Vegan Scones for a healthy dessert or snack
Only one bowl and 8 simple ingredients are needed to make these healthy blueberry scones. Filled with blueberries, they are ready in only 30 minutes!
This recipe is something you can make early in the week, to have to snack on. Or it is a great recipe to make for friends coming over for brunch or for your family at breakfast.
They are really easy to make and much better for you then typical store brought scones. This recipe is vegan + gluten free.
If your not already, then follow me on Instagram for daily eats, wellness, lifestyle and my travels.
Recipe- Healthy Blueberry Vegan Scones for a healthy dessert or snack
- 1 flax egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- 6 tbsp room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400f/200c degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the chilled coconut oil and cut into the dry ingredients. I used a fork to do this
- Stir in the nut milk and almond extract and gently mix (not too rough)
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Knead the dough a few times then add to a floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick circle
- Slice into 8 scones and transfer to baking tray
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes
My other healthy dessert recipe:
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Blueberry Vegan Scones recipe
What are your favourite dessert recipes? Let me know in the comments.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x