This Healthy Mixed Berry Crumble Recipe is a delicious lightened up summer dessert that has no refined sugar at all. So delicious, no one would ever guess that it’s healthy! Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Dairy-free & Vegan.
Warm, sweet, bubbling berries topped with a crunchy oat healthy crumble that is browned to perfection. This healthy berry dessert tastes amazing with a heaping scoop of your favourite ice cream or some coconut whipped cream and get ready for the ultimate summer dessert bliss.
I love this Healthy Mixed Berry Crumble Recipe because it tastes AMAZING while being refined sugar-free, dairy free and vegan!
I always like to keep a few bags of frozen mixed berries in my freezer. There just so handy to have around.
The best part is that I’m never too far away from this fruit crisp, even in the winter months when fresh berries aren’t in season.
I love how quick this is to make. Instead of rubbing in butter, we mix coconut oil into our crumble topping mixture to create a perfect golden, crisp and crumbly topping for the berry filling.
You will love this Mixed Berry Crumble because
This mixed berry crumble will quickly become a favourite because:
- It’s quick and easy to make
- Kid friendly
- Only eight ingredients needed
- Used frozen berries
Mixed Berry Crumble Ingredients
You only need the following simple ingredients to make this fruit easy. We use oats instead of all purpose flour to make a crisp topping that is healthier than traditional crumble recipes.
- Maple syrup – Can use any liquid sweetener such as agave or honey. Can use granulated sugar such as brown sugar however will need to use more liquids
- Coconut oil
- Fresh summer berries/ or frozen berries
- Almond flour
- Chopped nuts
Love fruit crumbles? Try my easy Rhubarb Crumble too!
How to Make Mixed Berry Crumble
Preheat oven your oven to 350 F / 180 C.
In a large bowl, toss the filling ingredients, lemon juice, the berries with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon.
Pour the berry mixture into greased 9×9 or 8×8 inch baking dish.
In a different bowl, add oats, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of berries.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, I wouldn’t recommend storing at room temperature
- Mix up the fruit. Any fresh fruit would work. Add apples, for a delicious apple crisp.
- Swap the cinnamon for orange zest or lemon zest.
- Add a handful of desiccated coconut to the crumble topping for extra flavour and texture.
- Make single serve crumble by making the crumble in mini ramekins.
Serve the mixed berry crumble with creamy custard, clotted cream, whipped cream, or with a scoop of ice cream.
This is even healthy even for breakfast served with some yoghurt.
My other healthy crumble recipes
Healthy Berry Crumble
For the Berries:
- 5 cups frozen / fresh berries of choice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the Crumble
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds walnuts, or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- In a large bowl, toss the berries with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon.
- Pour berries into greased 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a different bowl, add oats, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of berries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown
I hope you enjoy this healthy mixed berry crumble recipe!
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated