HOW TO TAKE IN THE WAIST OF YOUR JEANS | NO SEWING EASY + QUICK Jeans hack! A how to resize jeans waist LIFE HACK tutorial.
We’ve all been there, you find your dream pair of jeans that fit everywhere except your waist! For my body type when I jeans that fit well in the bum and thighs, they’re a little too big in the waist, which leads to the waistband never laying flat against my back.
Instead there’s that terrible gap at the top of the waistband.
Buying jeans or pants can easily become a frustrating exercise if your hips and waist never quite fit the same pair of jeans.
Next time you come across a pair of jeans that fits in your legs and hips perfectly but sags a bit at the waist, you don’t have to pass on them! Instead, learn how to make the jeans waist smaller in a few easy steps, and you can wear whatever jeans you like.
I have discovered a really quick and easy way to adjust the waist of your jeans for the perfect fit. This gives you a much more flattering silhouette. This really is the easiest way to adjust your pants waist without going to professional tailors .
This simple solution is a quick fix that requires no sewing at all!
In this post I’m going to show you how to adjust your jeans waist with the help of shoe laces! No elastic or sewing is needed for this hack. This only takes around 10 minutes work to get rid of the annoying jeans gap around the waist.!
This is an easy and quick way to adjust the waist of your jeans to fit exactly the way you’d like! Anyone could do this, no sewing skills required!
You Will Love This Hack to how to take in jeans Because
- Makes your jeans have the perfect fit
- It works on all jeans – old jeans, new jeans, skinny jeans mon jeans, this hack works on them all!
- Quick and Easy – Anyone can do this, no sewing methods used.
- No fancy equipment needed – You don’t need to use a rubber band, binder clip, elastic band, tailor’s chalk, sewing pin, washing machine, ironing board, metal studs or fabric pen.
Materials Needed to tighten jeans waist
- Hair Pin
- Jeans you want to adjust
How to adjust the waist of your jeans
Watch the video below to see exactly how I adjust the waist of my jeans.
Step 1 – Get a sharp pair of scissors and make a small cut in inside of the waistband of your jeans around 1 inches from the zipper on the inside of your jeans. The cut should be large enough to be able to thread through a shoe lace.
Repeat one the other side of the waistband.
You will have a total of 2 cuts. Please be very careful to only cut through one layer of the waistband. You do NOT cut through both layers
Step 2– Attach one of your safety pins or a hair pin to one end of your shoelace. Now, thread the shoelace through the hole you made in step 1.
Keep working the shoelace between the two waistband layers until the safety pin comes out through the other cut you made.
Step 3 – Now when you put on the jeans you are able to tie the shoe lace to give you the perfect fit.
ADJUST THE WAIST OF YOYR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are many different ways to make jeans waist smaller. Some of our most common asked questions are answered below:
Is there a way to loosen jeans around the waist?
If you having the opposite problem and your new pair of jeans are fitting to tightly around your waist then yes you easily loosen them.
You can do this in two ways. Firstly spray with lukewarm water and stretch the jeans with your hands.
Secondly you can add a small extension on the waistband on either side.
How to make jeans waist smaller with hair tie?
If your favourite jeans are loose on your waist then yes you can use a hair tie.
To use a hair tie to make to tighten the waist on jeans, loop a hair tie around your the button and then through the belt loop. Now fasten it around the button again.
Then you can just button and zip as normal! Of course you don’t want the hair tie showing so wear a top that will cover it up and you are good to go!
How to take in the waist of jeans with needle and thread?
You don’t need to be am experienced tailor or have a sewing machine for this. You can use a needle and thread to adjust the waist of your jeans using the steps below.
The shoe lace will be completely covered and will not be visible. More easy methods and simple hacks can be found below.
- Put on your jeans and squeeze the back of the jeans together to how tight you want it to be. Then make a mark on both sides of the waistband seam so that you know where you will be altering it.
- Then draw a V shape connecting the two marks.
- Start stitching at the top of the denim just next to the belt loop. Bring the thread over the back to the line that you marked earlier.
- Thread it through again below the first thread you made. keep doing this until you get to the bottom of the V.
- Then pull the thread through all the way from the top. This will cause the thread to disappear and be gathered by the belt loop
- Now bring the thread back through the inside of the jeans, loop it and tie a knot.
- Do the same on each side. You jeans will now have a better fit.
HOW TO TAKE IN THE WAIST OF YOUR JEANS | NO SEWING EASY + QUICK
A no sewing easy hack to adjust the waist of your jeans. You can easily make your pants waist smaller using this method.Jeans hack! A how to resize jeans waist LIFE HACK tutorial.
- Hair Pin
- Jeans you want to adjust
- Using a sharp pair of scissors make a small cut in the waistband of your jeans approximately 1 inches from the zipper on the inside of the jeans. Your cut should be big enough to thread through a shoe lace. Repeat for the other side of the waistband. You will have a total of 2 cuts. Be careful to only cut through one layer of the waistband. You do NOT cut through both layer
- Attach a safety pin or hair pin to one end of the shoelace. Thread the shoelace through the hole you made in step 1. Keep working the shoelace between the two waistband layers until the safety pin comes out through the other cut you made.
- Now when you put on you jeans you are able to tie the shoe lace to give you the perfect fit. The shoe lace are completely covered and will not be visible.
We hope this post helped you learn how to tighten jeans waist. It really is that simple to giver your favorite jeans a smaller waist. In just a few minutes you can enjoy the new waistband of your jeans.
This is a temporary solution and you can easily take your jeans back to their original shape if needed.
Leave a comment if this how to make jeans waist smaller hack worked for you!