No Bake Banana Bread Protein Energy Balls Recipe for a vegan and gluten free energising snack
Today I am sharing another energy ball recipe because as you know I have been obsessed with making these recently. This one is banana bread flavour and I think this is my favourite one yet! They are gluten free, suitable for vegans and contain no refined sugar.
Have you entered my giveaways yet? I am giving away an iPhone 6/6s Richmond & Finch Case and an Evolve Organic Beauty Defence Moisture Mist Review.
You can also enter here to win a $100 gift card that can be used on the Jord Wooden Watch Website.
My other healthy energy ball recipes:
You will love this banana protein balls recipe because:
- They have all the flavour of banana bread
- They are so quick and easy, no bake and made in a blender
- Only six simple ingredients
- They make a great pre or post workout snack
- Perfect for any time of day when you need a energy boost
- Contain a mix of healthy fats, carbs and protein to keep you full and satisfied
- Are great for meal prep and are a portable snack
Healthy Banana Protein Balls Substitutions:
These protein balls with oats and banana can subbed depending on your preferences and what ingredients you have at home.
If you want to make banana protein balls without oats then you could use almond flour or buckwheat flour. You may need to add a bit more liquid if the dough is dry.
Banana Power Balls Ingredients
- Protein Powder
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
How to Make Banana Bread Protein Balls
These banana bread energy balls make for a deliciously satisfying yet healthy snack. They’re filled with wholesome, good-for-you ingredients and are so easy to throw together. To make simple add everything into a food processor, roll the dough up into balls, and your all set!
WHAT ARE POWER BALLS?
Power balls also known as bliss balls, protein balls, and energy balls, are little bite sized treats made from energy boosting ingredients. They make perfect snack and usually contain healthy fats, fibre and protein.
Power balls require no baking and are super speedy to make. You can make power balls in a wide range of flavours, including chocolate coconut protein balls to Chocolate Orange Energy Ball Recipe and No Bake Chocolate Oat Energy Ball.
It’s no surprise why everyone loves power balls. They make for a fast, portable snack that’s filling, energising, and healthy.
Nutritional Benefits Of Banana Protein Balls
Healthy Fats: These protein balls contain flax and chia seeds which provides plenty of healthy fats. Ss.
Fiber: Oats give you a boost in fibre! Fibre helps keep you full, promotes gut health, and helps create a smooth digestive system.
Carbohydrates: Dates and oats provide the carbs as the main source of energy.
Protein: Protein powder, chia seeds and flax seeds provide the protein.
How to Store Banana Protein Balls
Store these banana protein balls in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze these energy balls and simply defrost when needed. Be sure to separate the balls when storing so they don’t stick together.
MORE EASY, ON-THE-GO SNACKS
Need a snack for the road? Here’s a few ideas that can easily be bagged up and taken with you wherever you go!
No Bake Banana Bread Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup protein powder
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 2 over-ripe medium bananas
- 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Add to the blender pitted dates, protein powder, oats, peeled and chopped bananas, flax, and chia and blend until the mixture is smooth and sticky
- Using about 1 tablespoon of the dough, roll it in your hands to form a ball.
- Do the same until you have used all the mixed
- You can roll in shredded coconut or anything else of your choice but I prefer these ones as they are
- Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour before enjoying
- Store in the fridge or freezer
I hope you enjoy this recipe for no bake banana bread protein energy balls. Are you as obsessed with energy balls as I am? Let me know your favourite flavours in the comments below! ♥
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated ❤
Love Hayley X