Strawberry Shortcake Muffins. These easy and delicious fresh strawberry shortcake muffins have all the flavours of strawberry shortcake … in a muffin form! Vegan + gluten free.
Pockets of juicy fresh strawberries, in a shortcake style muffin — basically the perfect summertime muffin. Fluffy, moist, vegan strawberry shortcake muffins are even more delicious than they are beautiful. These muffins are also super easy to make in just a few simple steps.
The most delicious vegan Strawberry Shortcake Muffins topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting and bursting with juicy strawberries. Just in time for strawberry season to kick into high gear, these muffins make a great breakfast, snack or late night dessert.
The best part about these strawberry vegan muffins is that they contain fibre, healthy carbs and fats for a satisfying and guilt free snack.
This strawberry vegan muffins recipe contains no heavy cream or refined sugars.
Strawberry Shortcake Muffins Recipe Substitutions
Full recipe details can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Coconut sugar – can be subbed for white sugar, brown sugar or any granulated sugar
- Flax egg – can be subbed for chia eggs or normal eggs
- Almond Milk – Can be subbed for any plant based milk or cows milk
- Coconut oil – Can be subbed for any dairy free butter or normal butter
- Vegan butter– Can be subbed for any butter as long as it is at room temperature, cold butter will not work
- Vegan cream cheese – Can be subbed for regular cream cheese. Can also use greek yogurt but more powdered sugar will be needed.
- Strawberries – Any juicy berries would work.
How to store Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
Store your strawberry shortcake muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. These sweet treats can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to three months. Freeze before frosting.
My other healthy muffin recipes:
Healthy Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins
And if you love strawberries then you need to try white chocolate covered strawberries.
Strawberry Shortcake Muffins.
- 1 cup of coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- 2 flax eggs / normal eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (oats blended into a flour)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (softened to room temperature)
- 200 g container vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups sifted organic powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberries
preheat oven to 180C and prepare a muffin pan with paper liners
- mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- in a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients
- mix the flour mixture and the wet ingredients together
- transfer the muffin batter to a muffin pan and bake for 10-12 minutes
- mix the frosting ingredients together and once the muffins are cooled frost and add a chopped strawberry
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Shortcake Muffins recipe. What is your favourite muffin flavour?
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @nourishyourglow if you try this, I love to see your creations.
If you liked this recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | YouTube
Friday 3rd of September 2021
Just love these ....they look so delicious