Two ingredient cookies. These healthy cookies are incredibly easy to make and are child friendly. No flour or sugar and only two simple ingredients needed.
These no sugar cookies only contain banana and oats. They taste amazing on their own or are so easy to customise with whatever add ins you like.
I have tried tried desiccated coconut, raisins, chia seeds, almonds, and raspberries. But the combinations are endless.
Even on their own the banana oat cookies taste amazing! They taste just like banana bread. I’m so in love with these.
Why You Will Love Two Ingredient Cookies
This 2 ingredient cookie recipe is so simple and easy to make – you just need 2 ingredients, a bowl and spoon, and minimal effort. Plus, the delicious sweet and oaty taste of these cookies are totally addictive and everyone will love them! The best part? These 2 ingredient cookies can be enjoyed as a grab and go snack, a yummy lunchbox treat, after dinner dessert or any time of day energy boost.
No flour, no butter, no eggs, no sugar needed for these magic cookies.
Plus they only take 15 minutes to make and are healthy enough for breakfast. All you need to do is mix the two together, place on baking sheet, bake and your done. They will soon become your go-to cookies.
These make great breakfast, snack, pre-work out snack, or a healthy dessert. Packed full of fibre and slow released carbs, these will provide you with lots of feel good energy. And they taste amazing.
The 2-ingredient cookie batter quickly comes together by mixing mashed banana and oats together and then you bake.
They have the most incredible texture crispy on the outside and soft inside. The oats make them deliciously chewy and i love the banana flavor.
With only 52 calories per cookie, you can enjoy these any time of day. Much healthier then store brought ingredients with no artificial ingredients.
They are so easy you can even get your kids involved with making these.
Oats – contain lots of minerals such as manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium, and zinc. They are also rich in carotenoids, Vitamin E, flavonoids and avenanthramides.
Bananas – contain high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamins C and B6. They are also rich in antioxidants, which can provide protection from free radicals.
Choose medium-sized bananas that starting to go over ripe. Medium ripe yellow bananas with little tiny brown spots are the best.
You can use any oats to make these banana oatmeal cookies, from instant oats to steel cut oats, however cooking time will vary.
Two Ingredient Cookies Extras and Variations
These 2-ingredient cookies taste amazing on their own, but here are some ideas if you want to mix it up.
Natural Peanut Butter – add some creamy peanut butter to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. Can also use crunchy peanut butter to make more crunchy cookies. Any nut or seed butter would work well, such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
Chocolate – add a handful of milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or drizzle melted chocolate over the top of your cookies for extra indulgence
Cocoa – Add some cocoa to make chocolate cookies
Gluten free oats – use gluten free oats to make gluten-free cookies
Pumpkin puree – swap the ripe bananas for pumpkin puree and add some maple syrup for a delicious fall sweet treat
Vanilla extract – Add 1 tsp vanilla extract for extra flavor
You could also try adding chopped nuts, dried fruit like cranberries or raisins or spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
How to Make Two Ingredient Cookie Recipe
Full Recipe Details in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oats and mashed bananas and mix together.
- Make 8 dough balls out of the cookie batter, a cookie scoop can help with this. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on each cookie dough ball so that it flattens into a cookie shape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack and allow to completely cool before enjoying
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge as they will become soft at room temperature
- Can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to 1 months. Simply thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before enjoying
More Oat Cookies
Or if you love recipes with only a few ingredients try:
Two Ingredient Cookies
- 1 cup oats I used jumbo oats
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or grease proof paper
- In a large bowl, add the oats and mashed bananas and combine.
- Create 8 cookie balls and place onto your prepared baking sheet
- Gently press down on each cookie ball so to flatten into a cookie shape
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying
- Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge
I hope you enjoyed this two ingredient healthy cookie recipe. With only minimal ingredients these really are the easiest cookies.