Chunky Monkey Cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free, naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and are even breakfast-friendly!
Healthy cookies that are easy and simple to make.
These healthy chunky monkey oat cookies combine bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips into one incredible cookie. I love recipes like this, where you just mix everything up in one bowl and in 15 minutes start to finish you have a healthy and delicious treat.
These chunky monkey contain carbohydrates from the oat flour, healthy fat +protein from the peanut butter, and nutrients from the bananas. Healthier then most breakfast cereal!
You will love Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies Because:
If you love ben and jerry’s chunky monkey ice cream then you will love these healthy breakfast cookies.
- Only 8 simple ingredients needed
- Quick and easy to make
- Makes the perfect and time snack or dessert
- Kid friendly
Ingredients for Healthy Chunky Monkey Cookies
You need the following simple ingredients to make chunky monkey chocolate chip cookies.
- Rolled Oats – Can use instant oats, jumbo oats or steel cut oats
- Maple syrup – any liquid sweetener will work such as honey or agave
- Peanut butter – you can sub for any nut butter such as almond or cashew butter
- Flax egg– Normal eggs will work, can also use chia eggs
- Baking soda
- Walnuts – can use any chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips – can use chocolate chunks or add dried or fresh fruit instead
More healthy cookie recipes:
Healthy Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 2 bananas
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 flax egg 1 normal egg will work
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon for each cookie and place on the cookie sheet. Top with additional chocolate chunks and sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cookies set for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Chunky Monkey Cookies. Be sure to tag me on Instagram @nourishyourglow if you try this, I love to see your creations.
If you liked this recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x