Healthy Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins, for a healthy and delicious dessert! Gluten free and paleo.
Delicious and healthy lemon and poppy seed muffins that are perfect for summer. Absolutely obsessed with this recipe and these lemon and poppy seed muffins soon became my new favourite. You can watch how I made these on my Youtube Video below.
They are really easy to make too, with just seven ingredients needed. Just mix all the ingredients together, transfer to your muffin tray, bake and you’re done. I think they make a perfect little snack or after dinner dessert. We use coconut flour to make these gluten free.
Why you will love these healthy lemon and poppy seed muffins:
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfectly lemony and zesty
- Only 9 simple ingredients needed
- No refined sugar
- Gluten free
What you need to make these healthy lemon and poppy seed muffins:
- coconut flour
- poppy seeds
- coconut oil
- lemon zest
- almond milk
These healthy lemon and poppy seed muffins contain:
Poppy seeds -Supply a dose of the minerals iodine, manganese, zinc, magnesium and copper.
Lemon – many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and phosphorus
Coconut flour – high in fibre, protein, and healthy fats
Maca– contains over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids. Also contains, Vitamins B-1, B-2, C. Rich in Phosphorus, Selenium, E, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Sulphur, Sodium, Iron
My other healthy muffin recipes:
Healthy Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 f/160c
- In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, almond milk, eggs. You can place the eggs in a bowl of warm tap water for a few minutes to help warm them up quickly. This will ensure that your muffin batter will be runny, and will easily mix and pour into the muffin cups. (Otherwise the coconut oil may harden and won't mix evenly into the batter.)
- Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake at 325f/160c for 20 - 25 minutes.
coconut oil must be melted or the batter will be dry