Cacao and Almond Butter Porridge for a cosy and comforting start to the day. You’ll love to wake up to this gluten-free, refined sugar-free + dairy free breakfast.
I love starting my day with porridge this time of year, it’s so cosy and satisfying. I can’t think of anything better then this creamy, chocolatey porridge drizzled with warm almond butter and topped with banana slices and nuts.
It tastes as good as dessert and feels like a real treat to have this first thing in the morning. It’s really filling too and contains a healthy mix, of carbs, fats and protein.
This healthy porridge recipe is full of nourishing ingredients and is gluten free, vegan, dairy free and contains no refined sugar.
Cacao and Almond Butter Porridge
- 1/2 cup organic or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts and a sweet freedom chocolate sauce to top
- Combine the oats and almond milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add cinnamon, cacao powder and maple syrup and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- While oatmeal is cooking, heat the almond butter in the microwave until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Once cooked spoon the oats into a bowl and top with peanut butter, banana, nuts and chocolate sauce if using.
My other porridge recipes:
I hope you enjoy this cacao and almond butter porridge recipe. What’s your favourite porridge recipe?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley X