Coconut Flour Chocolate Mug Cake for a quick and healthy dessert. Paleo and Gluten Free
You can easily whip up this chocolate coconut flour mug cake for dessert in 2 1/2 minutes. It’s paleo, grain-free, and refined sugar-free!
This healthy flourless chocolate coconut flour mug cake is super fluffy and loaded with chocolate goodness, to satisfy any chocolate and dessert craving! The ingredients are super nourishing and clean – coconut flour, raw cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, almond milk and an egg.
What is a mug cake?
It is literally a cake that is made in a mug. Typically a mug cake is made in the microwave as most mugs are not oven-safe.
You will love this recipe because:
- It’s super quick
- It’s healthy
- Will satisfy your chocolate cravings
- Saves you making a whole batch of cake
- Only a few ingredients needed
Chocolate Coconut flour mug cake ingredients
- Coconut flour
- Maple syrup
- Chia egg
- Coconut oil
- Almond milk
I featured this recipe in my latest YouTube video. You can watch below:
This is perfect for when you want something sweet without the hassle of making a big batch of something! I hope you love this healthy mug cake recipe.
If your not already, then follow me on Youtube & Instagram for daily eats, wellness, lifestyle and my travels.
My other healthy mug cake recipes:
Blueberry Banana Bread Mug Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Coconut Flour Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 chia egg / egg
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- In a small bowl mix together coconut flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk mix thoroughly to combine.
- Fill into a large mug or a ramekin and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes. Start checking at about 11/2 minutes.
- This will be HOT when you take it out of the microwave. So let it cool for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
- Play around with the cook time and see what works best for your microwave – which could range from 45 seconds to 2 minutes. Less time and they’ll be more moist and brownie-like.
- Enjoy on it's own or top with chocolate chips, peanut butter or coconut yoghurt
I hope you enjoy these chocolate coconut flour mug cake recipe.
What’s your favourite quick dessert?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | YouTube
Beauty Candy Loves
Wednesday 8th of November 2017
This seriously looks delicious!
Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
Thursday 9th of November 2017
Thank you! My latest obsession! x
Tuesday 7th of November 2017
This sounds amazing