Soft, moist, and bursting with sweet cranberries. This classic vegan cranberry orange muffins recipe will instantly become your favourite festive treat.
Sweet, tart, seasonal and satisfying, these Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins are made with just 9 simple ingredients in only 30 minutes.
A festive muffin is a must have at this time of year. These vegan cranberry orange muffins are the perfect vegan sweet treat during the winter months! These vegan muffins are bursting with orange flavor and tart cranberries. The best holiday flavour combination.
You will love these vegan cranberry orange muffins because:
- They are full of festive flavour
- They make a lovely homemade gift
- Are quick and easy to make
- Only 9 ingredients needed
What do you need to make vegan cranberry orange muffin recipe:
- orange zest
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- flax eggs
Top Tips for Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
Can I make substitues?
Yes you can. You can easily sub the coconut oil for butter. The maple syrup for any liquid sweetener. The flax eggs for normal eggs if you don’t need these healthy muffins to be vegan. You can also sub the coconut yoghurt for any kind of yoghurt.
Are vegan cranberry orange muffins healthy?
This recipe cuts out a lot of the fat and sugar that typical muffin recipes contains making this recipe much healthier.
We use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. And coconut oil instead of butter.
Other variations to try:
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Muffins – Swap the spelt flour at a 1:1 ration with a gluten-free flour blend. Let the batter rest for around 30 minutes before baking if you try this for a better texture.
- Try Raisins – Don’t like cranberries? Then swap them out for raisins.
- Try Lemon – Switch out the orange for lemons for Vegan Lemon Cranberry Muffins.
- Add In Nuts – Walnut or pecans would work really well in these vegan cranberry muffins
- Make a glaze – I think an orange glaze on top of the muffins would be incredible. You can also make a simple glaze with powdered sugar and a plant based milk like almond milk or oat milk
Other healthy muffin recipes:
Can you use dried cranberries?
You can can dried instead of fresh cranberries but the batter will be drier so may need more liquid to add moisture.
How to store healthy cranberry muffins?
You can store these cranberry muffins in an airtight container at room temperature.
How to Make Vegan Cranberry Muffins
- Preheat your oven and prepare your muffin cups
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients add stir through the orange zest
- Mix the two mixtures together and fold in your chopped cranberries
- Different the batter evenly in your 12-cup muffin tin
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown
- Leave to cool before enjoying
If you like these Cranberry Orange Muffins then you may also like these cranberry orange healthy recipes:
Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 cups fresh chopped cranberries
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs normal eggs will work
- 1 cup plain coconut yoghurt
- zest from 1 medium orange
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin or line them with papers, if necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and maple syrup and beat together with a whisk. Add the flax eggs and whisk to combine, then add the yogurt and orange zest. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). Gently fold the cranberry pieces into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups (they will be quite full) Bake the muffins for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. You might need to run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan. If you have leftover muffins, store them, covered, at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoy this Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated