Soft and chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. One of the best flavour combinations ever! They make the perfect healthy snack or delicious desserts.
They’re the perfect cookies for the holiday season & nobody can ever tell that they’re healthy!
Only 7 ingredients are needed to make these delicious cookies, they are really easy to make too!
Overloaded with white chocolate chips and tangy dried cranberries, they are perfect for entertaining at Christmas and also make a lovely gift.
There is absolutely nothing better than a warm, fresh from the oven cookie.
These soft and chewy white chocolate cranberry healthy cookies are perfectly golden brown with crisp edges and thick and chewy inside.
They are loaded with dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. The quick and easy cookie dough comes together with a handful of staple ingredients in just 10 minutes, we then chill to get that perfect chewy texture.
Then place on a cookie sheet And then we bake! With a baking time of 8-10 minutes they really are the my favourite cookies for this time of year.
More easy cookies recipes:
Try these easy cookie recipes:
After baking the cookies will appear soft and undone in the centre, but will eventually firm up as they set. Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet after you remove them from the oven.
Creamy white chocolate is a such a perfect compliment to the tart cranberries for one tasty bite.
White Chocolate chip Cranberry Cookies are really quick, freeze well, and make a great sweet treat amazing for sharing. They remind me of the festive season, but are really great any time of the year.
The sweetness of the white chocolate and the bitterness of the cranberry work so well together for a bold and irresistible taste.
You will love White Chocolate Cranberry Healthy Cookies because:
- They are perfect for the holiday season
- They are soft and chewy
- Quick and easy to make
- Makes a lovely homemade gift
- Only 7 ingredients needed
White chocolate cranberry healthy cookies ingredients:
To make these healthy cookies you will need:
- white chocolate
- spelt flour
- coconut oil (can sub for butter)
- coconut sugar (any granulated sugar will work)
- baking soda
- flax egg (normal egg will work)
I love that this recipe uses only simple minimal ingredients and is super easy to make. The holiday season is already quite stressful so the fact that these cookies only require 10 minutes to make, is such a bonus!
Can I use Fresh Cranberries in these cookies?
I have not tested this recipe with fresh cranberries but it should work fine. There will be more moisture if using fresh cranberries so you may have to adjust the dry ingredients to make up for this.
Can I change the toppings
Of course! If cranberries are not your thing then you could use raisins. You could also use dark chocolate instead of white and even add walnuts or pecans.
You could try dark chocolate and a bit of orange zest for a chocolate orange cookies. Or take out the chocolate and pair the orange zest with the cranberries for a cranberry orange cookies.
How do I store white chocolate cranberry healthy cookies?
Once cooled store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature
You can freeze the dough or freeze the cookies once baked. They come in handy if your craving something sweet.
Is this white chocolate cranberry cookies recipe really healthy?
You may be thinking that there’s no way these cranberry cookies can actually be healthy. This recipes cuts out a lot of unnecessary calories, fat and sugar, whilst still having the perfect cookie texture.
We use coconut oil instead of butter, spelt flour instead of white a tiny bit of coconut sugar instead of white sugar.
Can I make substitutions?
Yes you can easily make some substitutions for this recipe although the results maybe slightly different.
You can easily the vegan white chocolate chunks for dairy chocolate and the coconut sugar for any granulated sugar such as brown sugar. You can use butter instead of coconut oil.
You can sub the spelt flour for another flour such as all purpose flour and the results will be quite similar.
Do I really need to freeze the dough?
I would highly recommend freezing the dough to get the best thick, soft and chewy texture.
However if you have no time and need to whip these up fast, the you can absolutely make these white chocolate chip cookies without freezing the dough. They will still taste and look amazing although the results will be slightly different.
If you like these Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, check out the recipes below:
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Healthy
- 3/4 cup coconut oil softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup 150g coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg/ 1 normal egg
- 2 cups 250g spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup 135g vegan white chocolate chopped into chunks or white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup 105g dried cranberries
- In a large bowl mix the coconut oil and the brown sugar until combined.
- Beat in the egg
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- The cookie dough will be quite thick at this point. Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix until combined. Cover cookie dough and chill for at least 2 hours. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes– if the cookie dough chilled longer than 2 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use around 1 tbsp of dough per cookies and roll into balls.
- Place 10-12 on each baking sheet.
- Bake in batches for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven, leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes until they firm
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely before enjoying
- Leftovers will stay fresh for at least 4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature or at least one week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies recipe. What are your favourite Christmas Recipes?
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x