This Healthy Peanut Butter flapjack Recipe can be thrown together in minutes with only five simple ingredients needed. Simply mix all the ingredients together, transfer the mixture to a pan, place in the fridge to firm up and they are ready.
They make a great mid afternoon pick me up, after-school snacks or after dinner sweet treat. You can watch how I make these in the video below or find the recipe at the end of this post.
More healthy flapjack recipes:
A healthy take on the traditional British flapjack this vegan peanut butter flapjacks recipe is filled with peanut flavour and makes the most delicious snack.
Peanut Butter Flapjacks Healthy Recipe Ingredients
To make these easy and delicious flapjacks you will need:
- Oats – any porridge oats will work
- Shredded coconut
- Smooth Peanut butter – crunchy peanut butter will also work and will create a more crunchy flapjack
- Maple syrup – any liquid sweetener will work such as lyle’s golden syrup or agave. Brown sugar or other granulated sugar wont work in this recipe
- Coconut oil – can also use dairy free or normal butter if you don’t need these delicious peanut butter flapjacks to be vegan
How to make Healthy Peanut Butter Flapjack Recipe
This peanut butter flapjacks healthy recipe couldn’t be more simple to make, follow the easy steps below:
- Warm up the peanut butter in a saucepan on low heat or your microwave and transfer to a large bowl and add in the coconut oil and maple syrup
- Mix in the oats and the shredded coconut
- Transfer the batter to a square tin lined with greaseproof paper pressing down with a spatula or back of a spoon to make an even layer
- Freeze for half an hour until set
- Cut into slices and enjoy
How to store Healthy Peanut Butter flapjack Recipe:
Store the Healthy Peanut Butter flapjacks in an airtight container in the fridge. They will go soft at room temperature. They will last up to 10 days.
Healthy Peanut Butter Flapjack Recipe Substitutions
You can sub the melted coconut oil for melted butter. The maple syrup for any liquid sweetener such as honey or agave syrup. The peanut butter can be subbed for any nut butter such as almond or cashew butter.
Peanut Butter Flapjacks Healthy Recipe addins and toppings
These no bake flapjacks can be easily customised, the opportunities are endless for different flavours! Some suggestions below:
Cocoa. Add some cocoa to make healthy chocolate flapjack
Chocolate Layer. Melt some dark chocolate on top of the flapjacks to create a nice thick layer and place in the fridge to set
Add ins. I think these flapjacks would taste incredible with added dried fruit, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, chopped nuts and seeds.
Healthy Peanut Butter Flapjack Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (I used gluten free)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Line a 8×8-inch tin pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently warm the peanut butter until it reaches an easily spreadable consistency. Stir together with the sweetener (and oil, if using), then add in the quick oats, coconut and stir until evenly mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, spread out,
- Press down with a spatula to really press it in.
- Freeze 1/2 an hour or until firm, or refrigerate 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into slices with a sharp knife.
- I store these in the fridge or freezer.
I really hope you enjoy this healthy peanut butter flapjack recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated
Love Hayley x