Healthy Pumpkin Spice Raisin Cookies for an Autumn inspired sweet treat
These healthy pumpkin spice raisin cookies are DELICIOUS! They are simple to make and they are healthy! Made with easy ingredients they are vegan, gluten free, dairy free and contain no refined sugar.
Plus they make your house smell amazing whilst baking.
I like to store mine in the fridge and then eat them with a hot cup of almond milk coffee in the morning! They’re great for breakfast like I said, or they are perfect as an afternoon snack or a after dinner dessert. You can also add chocolate chips or nuts instead of the raisins or a combination of them all.
My favourite Autumn treat! I hope you love them as much as I do.
Recipe- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Raisin Cookies for a healthy sweet treat
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats (I used gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¾ cup coconut raw sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350f /175c and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice. Stir well to combine
3. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and maple syrup; whisk until combined
4. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet and lastly fold in the raisin.
3. For each cookie, take one tablespoon of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
4. Flatten slightly to create a cookie shape.
5. Sprinkle each cookie with a bit more coconut sugar.
3. Bake the cookies until brown and a bit firm to the touch, around 17 to 20 minutes.
4. Transfer to a rack and leave to cool completely before enjoying
You may also like: