Make these Christmas Oreos for a kid friendly family treat, lovely homemade gift or as part of a festive spread.
Christmas Tree Oreos
Everyone loves an Oreo cookie, which makes these Christmas Tree Oreos a firm staple in my home for festive period.
Christmas Oreos are a simple Christmas cookie that will look beautiful as part of your festive spread.
It really couldn’t get any easy, when you are wanting an amazing and beautiful cookie that is easy to make and requires no baking at all then these Christmas Oreos are the perfect no bake Christmas cookie. Simply melt some chocolate, dip your Oreo and decorate!
These Christmas Oreos always come out looking beautiful and always get lots of wows on the dessert table.
These little Christmas treats are an easy and delicious gifting idea, or maybe just the perfect holiday treat for your family to enjoy. You will absolutely love how simple it is to make these Christmas dipped Oreo cookies.
You Will Love Christmas Oreos because:
- Everyone loves Oreos so everyone can enjoy
- An easy recipe with only a few ingredients
- A fun family activity to decorate the Oreos together
- They’re super cute and look beautiful as part of festive spreads
Christmas Tree Oreos Recipe Ingredients
- White chocolate
- Green Food Colouring
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS OREOS
Super simple, dip a cookie into some melted chocolate or candy and draw on an easy Christmas tree. Sprinkle a few sprinkles and hey presto. You’ve got some gorgeous Christmas Oreo Cookies.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or in a saucepan on a low heat being careful not to burn the chocolate
2. Dip each Oreo 1/3 of the way into the melted white chocolate to create the snowy base
3. Leave the cookies to set
4. Add some green food colouring to the remainder of the chocolate and pour into a piping bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about the size of a pin tip.
5. Make a Christmas tree shape on the cookie. Zig-zag the chocolate back and forth starting out narrow at the top then making it wider towards the bottom on top of each Oreo cookie.
6. Using decorating tweezers, place a sprinkle for the trunk and top the tree with a star sprinkle.
7. Add more sprinkles to decorate the tree
Christmas Oreos Recipe Tips
Here are some tips to make Christmas Oreos even easier.
Use tweezers. Using tweezers can really help you be more precise when placing the star sprinkle just right on top of the tree as well as the sprinkle at the bottom for the trunk.
Use shallow bowls for the melted chocolate. I find using shallow bowls much easier and cleaner to use when I am dipping the Oreos into the chocolate, it results in a neater cookie.
Prepare a baking sheets with silicon baking mats or parchment paper. Prepare a baking sheet and placing each cookie on it after you have dipped it in chocolate reduces to much mess and makes clean up a lot easier.
Is Christmas Oreos Recipe Vegan?
Oreos are vegan and if you use a dairy free white chocolate, vegan sprinkles and vegan food colouring then this recipe will be vegan.
More Healthy Christmas Treats Recipes
PACKAGING IDEAS FOR CHRISTMAS COOKIE GIFTING
If you’re planning on gifting your Christmas Tree Oreos for loved one, you can make them even more special with your packaging.
You can add your decorated Oreos to a festive cookie tin, a plastic treat bag tied with a ribbon or to a mason jar tied with a festive ribbon.
Receiving these holiday Oreos will put a smile on anyones face
How to Store Festive Oreos
Once the cookies have completely dried they should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be good for up to 10 days (if they last that long!).
Christmas Oreos Variations
You can make some variations to your Christmas cookies and customise any way you like.
- Use a different type of Oreo or a mix of a few different flavour. I think Golden Oreos, White chocolate Oreos and Peppermint Oreos will all work really well.
- Make a candy cane or a little Santa face instead of a Christmas tree.
- You can even make a non festive design and gift these for Birthdays or Easter. I think they would look really cute with little decorated eggs on!
CHRISTMAS TREE OREOS RECIPE
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
- green food coloring (vegan if needed)
- sprinkles for decoration
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan on a low heat, be careful not to burn it.
- Dip 1/2 of the Oreos in the chocolate to create the snowy base and let it set.
- Add some green food colouring to the remainder of the chocolate and pour into a piping bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about the size of a pin tip.
- Make a Christmas tree shape by zig-zagging the chocolate back and forth starting out narrow at the top then making it wider towards the bottom on top of each Oreo cookie.
- Using decorating tweezers, place a sprinkle for the trunk and top the tree with a star sprinkle.Add more sprinkles to decorate the tree