Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe for a festive snack or dessert. Vegan + Gluten Free
Soft, moist, and bursting with sweet cranberries. This classic cranberry orange bread will instantly become your favourite festive treat. Or you can sub the cranberries for raspberries to enjoy this healthy sweet bread all year long.
Anyone else crazy excited for Christmas? I just cant wait. Christmas is hands down my favourite time of year. I love everything about it! From spending time with my family, cosy nights, Christmas markets and films and of course the food!
To celebrate the festive season I wanted to make a festive inspired recipe! Last year I made a Cranberry Orange bread and you guys loved it! So I thought I would recreate it this year, with the recipe slightly tweaked.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and contains no refined sugar. There are two cups of cranberries in this recipe and 1 cup of orange juice. It’s super easy to make with only eight ingredients needed!
This delicately sweet cranberry orange bread is such a delicious festive inspired recipe to have on hand, and it’s perfect for serving guests visiting during the holidays. The bread is also great for a light breakfast, snack or dessert.
Recipe- Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups cranberries, chopped (I used frozen thawed)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 175 C
- Prepare a loaf pan
- In a large bowl, stir together, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in orange juice, coconut oil and orange zest to form a batter.
- Gently fold in the cranberries
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake on the oven center rack 50-55 minutes, or until bread has risen and a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Leftovers can be sliced and frozen if desired.
You may also like:
I hope you enjoy this cranberry orange bread recipe! What are your favourite festive recipes?
Love Hayley X