This 3 ingredient chocolate mousse is made in 10 minutes and is perfectly creamy, smooth, thick and decadent.
This easy 3 ingredient chocolate mousse recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together. The perfect dessert for Valentine’s day, anniversaries or for an any time sweet treat!
3 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
This easy 3 ingredient chocolate mousse without cream is a great, simple dessert for any chocolate lover. With only a few ingredients this great recipe it is really quick to put together which makes it a perfect dessert for any occasion.
There are different ways of making chocolate mousse, but this chocolate mousse with milk instead of cream is dairy free and, as desserts go, relatively healthy while still tasting deliciously indulgent.
3 ingredient Avocado Chocolate Mousse
The secret to this 3 ingredient chocolate mousse’s creaminess is avocado. But I promise you can’t taste it.
The best part about this avocado chocolate mousse is that it tastes so decadent and chocolatey that you completely don’t notice that this easy chocolate mousse recipe doesn’t contain whipped cream or lots of sugar like traditional chocolate mousse recipes.
In fact you’re getting so many health benefits with this chocolate mousse.
Avocado. Avocados are a good source of monounsaturated fats, research suggests these healthy fats can help to protect against heart disease and lower blood pressure. They are also an excellent source of potassium, folate and fibre, as well as lots other minerals and vitamins.
Dark Chocolate. Instead of using cocoa powder we use dark chocolate in this 3-ingredient chocolate mousse recipe. Dark chocolate is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is also full of antioxidants.
3 Ingredients chocolate Mousse ingredients
Who would have thought such a silken chocolate mousse could be made using only three ingredients? No heavy whipping cream or egg whites needed.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, low carb and dairy free only the following three simple ingredients are needed.
- Dark Chocolate
- Almond milk
How to Make 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
I feel like chocolate mousse feel like fancy thing to make, but don’t be intimidated, this recipe is fool proof.
- First we melt the dark chocolate
- Prepare your avocados by chopping in half and removing the stone
- Place the avocado in a blender with half the milk and blend until smooth
- Add the dark melted chocolate and blend until smooth
- Add the rest of the milk 20ml at a time into the chocolate mixture and keep blending until the mousse is the desired consistency
- Taste and add a little maple syrup if needed
- Transfer the rich chocolate mousse to small bowls and enjoy
3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Toppings and Variation
This healthy chocolate mousse tastes and looks great on it’s own, however there are loads of toppings that work well and look amazing. I recommend the below:
- chocolate chips or chocolate shaving
- fresh strawberries
- whipped coconut cream or normal whipped cream
- other fresh fruit, raspberries would work well
- chopped nuts
- crushed cookies
- crushed candy
- add some vanilla, almond, orange or peppermint extract for a hint of flavor.
- add a cookie crust to the bottom of your serving dish by crushing your favorite cookies and packing them into the bottom of the glass or bowl before adding the chocolate mousse. Oreos would work really well for this
Other delicious chocolate desserts
If you enjoyed this 3 ingredient vegan chocolate mousse you’ll love some of our other easy chocolatey desserts for chocolate lovers:
How to Store Three Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
This chocolate dessert tastes best when enjoyed straight away. However it will keep for 3-4 days, keep in the fridge until ready to eat, d. Add your toppings when ready to serve to prevent them from going soggy.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Substitutions.
You can use any plant based milk such as coconut milk or cows milk instead of almond milk. You can sub the dark chocolate for white chocolate although your mousse will have a green tint to it.
Easy 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 310 g dark chocolate dairy free if required I like to use 70% or higher
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 130-150 ml almond milk depending on desired consistency
- Maple syrup to taste if you want it sweeter or use a higher % dark chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate either in your microwave or double boiler on a medium heat and leave to cool
- Prepare your avocados by cutting in half and de-stone. Scoop out the flesh and place into a blender.
- Add half of the milk to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the melted cooled chocolate to the blender and blend into until smooth
- Add the rest of the milk 20ml at a time and blend until your desired consistency is reached
- Taste and add some maple syrup is needed and blend again
- Transfer your chocolate mousse into serving dishes or small glassed, decorate if desired and serve,
I hope you enjoy this 3 ingredient chocolate mousse recipe. Be sure to tag me on Instagram @nourishyourglow if you try this, I love to see your creations.
If you liked this easy recipe you can tap/ hover over the image and pin it for later using the icon.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated