How to Make Baked Oats
If you want to learn how to make baked oats that are delicious and healthy and just like dessert then you have come to the right place.
Baked oats have been around for a while. I shared my first healthy baked oats recipe in 2017. Now thanks to TikTok they are more popular than ever.
In this post I am sharing how to make a super easy basic baked oats recipe. You can add any toppings you feel like, I went for a drizzle of peanut butter and some chocolate chips.
You can use this recipe as a base for any baked oats recipe, you can add fruit, or any add ins as you wish.
Are baked oats healthy?
Baked oats are an amazing healthy breakfast options. Any breakfast made from oats such as porridge, overnight oats, Baked Oat Cups or Oat Bars are a good choice. This is because oats are amazing for you!
Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, whilst also being higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are also a great source of essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant.
What is Baked Oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is a warm breakfast made in a baking dish using made oats, milk, and other kitchen staples.
Stovetop or instant oatmeal has a creamy porridge consistency, but baked oatmeal, has a chewy, soft, and creamy texture. You can add fresh berries for a juicy burst and nuts for a crunchy topping. Dessert lovers love this cake-like breakfast.
If you’re looking for single serving sizes, try my baked oat cups. You can make baked oats ahead of time and reheat it for a quick breakfast during the week.
This Bake Oats Recipe Is:
- Made in 1 bowl (less washing up)
- Contains no unrefined sugar
- Fill you up and satisfies for hours
- Soft, chewy, & creamy
- Adaptable for different flavor variations
What happens if you bake oatmeal?
When you bake oatmeal you make a delicious breakfast that is soft, chewy and has the perfect texture.
How to make Tiktok baked oats
The viral recipe on Tiktok is slightly different to other baked oats recipe because they are made in a blender for a fine and airy cake-like texture.
CAN BAKED OATS BE REHEATED?
Yes baked oats can be reheated. I often make a big batch of baked oats at the beginning of the week, keep in the fridge and enjoy every day.
To reheat pop them in the microwave and heat until warmed through.
CAN YOU EAT BAKED OATS COLD?
I can eat baked oats cold. I prefer them warm and with a serving of yoghurt. This baked oats recipe can be meal prepped, then eaten cold in the morning or warmed up in the microwave.
CAN YOU COOK BAKED OATMEAL IN THE MICROWAVE?
Baked oatmeal can be made in the microwave. If you are low on time you can transfer the mixture into a microwave safe dish sprayed with a small amount of cooking spray and cook for around five minutes until hot throughout.
FANCY SOME MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES?
- Berry Breakfast Muffins– Made with fresh blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, oats, and zero refined sugar
- Blueberry Breakfast Crumble – Blueberry crumble that is healthy enough for breakfast.
- Warm Chia Pudding – Warm and cozy Chia Pudding made in only five minutes with minimal ingredients!
What you Need to Make Baked Oats
You need the following simple ingredients to make these baked oats
- unsweetened almond milk (and plant based milk such as oat milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or cows milk will work)
- flax egg (chia eggs or normal eggs will work)
- pure maple syrup (can use brown sugar or any granulated sugar instead but will need to add more almond milk
- melted coconut oil (can use melted butter instead)
- mashed banana (can use unsweetened applesauce, mashed sweet potato or greek yoghurt instead)
- old-fashioned whole oats (can sub for steel cut oats or quick oats, oat flour will not work in this recipe)
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Simple Baked Oats Recipe
Full recipe can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 177°C
- Prepare a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in 1 large bow and mix.
- Then add all the wet ingredients and mix
- Pour into oat mixture into a prepared baking pan.
- Add your chosen toppings
- Bake for around 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Do not store at room temperature
More Baked Oats Recipes
How to Make Baked Oats
- 1 and 3/4 cups almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- your desired toppings or addins. Fresh fruit nuts, seeds or dried fruit works really well
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C. Prepare a 9×9 inch or 11×7 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in 1 large bowl. Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan. Top with chosen toppings
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.