Vegan + Gluten Free Mince Pie Recipe. No refined sugar.
Christmas isn’t truly here until the mince pies are out. This is an easy to make vegan + gluten free mince pie recipe. This mincemeat filling is amazing, it’s delicious stirred into porridge or coconut yogurt for breakfast. So it may be worth making extra.
I adapted this recipe from Deliciously Ella.
Recipe- Vegan + Gluten Free Mince Pies
For the mincemeat
- 2 apples
- 300g dried mixed fruit
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for greasing the tin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
For the crust
- 400g ground almonds
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 20 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Coconut flour for dusting
- Chop the apples into small pieces (discarding the core) and place in a saucepan. Stir in the rest of the mincemeat ingredients and place on a medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, until the apples are nice and soft.
- Meanwhile, make the crust. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend together until everything has mixed together and the dates are completely broken down. Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately ½cm thick.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease two six-hole muffin tins with coconut oil and then use the crust mixture to line the holes. Once you’ve done this, cut the remaining mixture into stars to top the pies. Place the tray of crusts in the oven for 8 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown. Then take them out and allow them to cool while the mincemeat finishes cooking.
- Once the mincemeat has cooked, start assembling the pies. Add two heaped teaspoons of mincemeat into each pie before placing a star on top. Bake the pies again for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Dust with coconut flour
My other healthy Christmas Recipes:
I hope you enjoy this vegan + gluten free mince pie recipe.
Follow me on Social Media to stay updated